- Heated Scuba Pool for Free Practice Sessions
- 4600 sqft Showroom Devoted Entirely to Scuba & Free Diving
- Only Oxygen Enriched Air Station in the Pomona/San Gabriel Valleys/Inland Empire
- Only Certified Pure Air Station in the Pomona/San Gabriel Valleys/Inland Empire
- Only Rebreather Instructor Program in the Pomona/San Gabriel Valleys/Inland Empire. Dive Silently!
- More than 2700 Active Members in Club Aquarius Dive Club
- No Wetsuit Diving. Only Dry Suits for Warmer Diving!
- No Weight Belts. Only Comfortable Custom Integrated Systems.
- Underwater Communication Equipment Provided for Two-Way Verbal Communication!
- Dive on SafeAir/Nitrox on All Training Dives.
- 4 to 6 Local Adventure Boat Trips a Month. More than any other dive store in SoCal
- 9 Major International Diving Adventures a Year. More than any other dive store in SoCal
- Certified Scuba Ranger Program for Children Ages 8-12
- Full Scuba Ranger Certification Begins at Age 8
- SSA hosts, WINOS Dive Club…Women In Need of Scuba…women’s only club
- The Only Money Back Guarantee on the Total Diving System in the Industry* see details at store
- Most Divers Pay Nothing for Their Scuba Training… That’s Right… Free Scuba Classes!
- Open Water Thru Instructor Programs, Group or Private. Whichever is Best for You!
- Instructors Available 24hrs a Day, 7 Days a Week.
Take the only OW Program in the industry that is designed to cover everything the new diver needs to know. Understand the first four rules of scuba, basic human physiology, full dive planning techniques, proper buoyancy control. This is not just a course for a certification card, but rather, a comprehensive scuba training program to teach you to be the safest diver possible. Progress from the classroom, to the pool, and then on to the open water for an amazing application based educational program..all with SafeAir© Learn to dive the right way. the SSA way! Realistically, to become a certified diver you can expect to spend between $300 to $900 on tuition, rentals, some of your own personal equipment, boat trips and educational tools no matter where you take your classes. No other store in Southern California has the depth of staff and experience like Scuba Schools of America
The SSI Level 2 Specialty Dive Program 12 logged dives
Make your choice of over 30 different diving specialties from nitrox diver, night diver, deep diver, wreck diver, computer diver, boat diver, drift diver, photography diver just to name a few. Most of you will attain this during your open water diving program.
The SSI Level 3 Advanced Open Water Program 24 logged dives
Now it’s time to polish your newly developed skills from the Open Water Program. Dive efficiently by leaning Advanced Dive Planning, Advanced Diver Physiology, Night Diving, Wreck Diving, Deep Diving, and Advanced Navigation. All dives are done on oxygen enriched SafeAir©. This is an application based program…so be prepared to dive..a lot! This program teaches to dive like a pro. Guaranteed! These classes are kept small to assure personalized attention by your teaching professional at SSA. “Quality… not Quantity”
The SafeAir© Voodoo Gas Program
SafeAir, or Oxygen Enriched Air, is designed to make your dives safer? period! Dive with less nitrogen and more oxygen. Think of all the benefits of diving with less nitrogen? Dive longer, dive more, dive with less exertion, clear easier, dive with cleaner breathing gas, keep your head clearer, or progress into the rebreather program. The SafeAir© Program is usually taught at the Open Water level to assure the safety of all divers.
The Specialty Diver Programs
It is now your choice which direction your training takes you. The possibilities are endless. Just look at the list:
- Advanced Wreck
- Rebreather Diver
- Semi Closed Rebreather Diver
- Marine Archeology
- Rebreather with the Poseidon and KISS Rebreather
- Technical Diver
- Gas Blender
- Gas Technician
- Dive Master
- Rescue Diver
- AED Class
- Diver Sign Language
- Advanced Physiology
- Computer Diver
- Oil Rig Diver
- Drift Diver
- Lobster Hunter
- Scuba Rangers
- O2 Administration
- Hazardous Marine Life
- 1st Aid for Divers
The Professional Instructor Program
This is the only full time, organized, instructor program for Scuba Schools International in Southern California. Learn all of the skills that you will need to make it in todayís competitive diving industry. Start in the classroom and cover all of the specialty programs available. Move to the pool and practice teach with your peers. You are taken through all of the repair and technical clinics offered by the major manufactures. You will also progress into the “Business of Diving” program. This is not a program to certify you to teach mask clearing..this is a program for the true teaching professional. See more information at the Instructor Program Page Here